WE ARE DRIVING!
We’ve decided to head to Florida and DRIVE! For most people this isn’t a big deal, but for me it brings me loads of anxiety. Our kids are ages 4, 2, and 1 and Greg and I have zero clue how they will do. Brennan hasn’t been in the car longer than an hour so we are going to cross our fingers and pray for the best!
I want to be the most prepared I can. If you know me, that’s not necessarily my forte. I’m a “fly by the seat of your pants” kind of gal but I want to set us up for success as much as possible!
I decided to make a bunch of checklists and wanted to share in case you were in the same boat!
THINGS TO DO BEFORE WE LEAVE
I was talking to my girlfriend and she said before she left she had her house completely organized so they could come home to some harmony. So my first list was everything I wanted to do before leaving.
- Clean out the fridge
- Get car cleaned
- Rent Stroller – in Florida they have these wonderful companies where you can rent baby items! We rented a stroller, gate, toys, and crib.
- Order diapers and wipes from Amazon
- Download shows on new tablets and charge
- Make Edible Snack Necklaces with girls for car ride
CAR SAFETY CHECK LIST
- Jumper cables
- Full tank
- Check tires
- Double check that car seats are fastened tight
- Check expiration date of sticker and oil change
- First aid and flashlight
- Tablets and headphones
- Movies and books
- Car seat trays filled with binder of coloring supplies and markers
- Water cups and water bottles
- Paci & paci clip
- Diapers and wipes
- Attach new car toy for Brennan
- Pillows, blankets, lovies
- Trash/plastic bags
- Car diffuser/calming oils/hand sanitizer/rose ointment/ chapstick
- Sunscreen and Bug off spray
- Seat Cushion – if you’re a mama, you know sitting for long periods of time can be brutal!
- Picnic blanket
- Kids Goodie Bag toys
Most of these are for my 4 & 2 year old. My 1 year old will be interesting. My best friend Jill said she has some activities up her sleeve for me so I will report back! I’m also going to try post-its and hope he plays with them for 14 hours! Ha!
With snacks I wanted something fun and new for them but also healthy so they don’t go crazy on sugar and then we are stuck with them in a car…
- Apples plus peeler because my kids are high maintenance
- Teething crackers
- Bags of pretzels, chips, and cereal
- PB sandwiches
- Ring Pops
- RX Bars
- Lunchables – kids haven’t had these before and Viv will think they are the coolest
So that’s my plan! No idea how this is going to go. If you would have asked me if we would have ever taken a road trip this long with three kids a year ago I would have thought you were crazy. But we NEED this trip and I can’t wait to have my toes in the sand.
Let me know what I am missing?! What are you must haves for road trips??